Veterinary Science CDE State Veterinary Science CDE Contest
This is a qualifying contest
for the State contest. The top 35% of the teams will
be eligible to enter the State FFA Career Development event.
The contest materials focus on the curriculum that many of you teach in your Small Animal courses. It includes information on dogs, cats, birds, and fish.
Description of the Contest
- NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED!
- A team will consist of four members. All team members scores count toward the team score.
- The contest will consist 3 parts:
- Written Test - 50 questions covering veterinary science and practices - 100 points
- Identification of 50 specimens of equipment, parasites or breeds - 100 points
- Math Problems Practicum - deals with weights and dosage scenarios - 50 points
- Practicums (one or more of the following) - 25 points each
- small animal handling/restraint
- handling of medical equipment
- filling a syringe
- identification of parasites using a microscope
- The contest will start at 9:00 a.m. and tardiness will likely cause late contestants to lose points.
- Each contestant should bring a clipboard and #2 pencil.
Resource links: Here are some great places to study:
- The National FFA CDE web page has description of contest and sample problems
- New Mexico FFA has a bank of 300 questions plus power points showing all the ID
- Minnesota FFA has tests under Small Animal topic http://cde.ffa.umn.edu /Web/CDEexams.htm
- North Dakota FFA test: http://ndffa.org/Tests/2001SmallAnimalCare/2011SAC.pdf
Each school may enter only one team per contest. Meets in Room C190A, C190B and C190C.
If there are any questions, please call:
Waupaca High School
Weyauwega-Fremont High School
|High School Committee:
||Green Bay Preble