Service Trip to Jamaica over Spring Break Week
Community Service Projects:
- Coordinated children’s events and activities for children living at the Harbor House Domestic Abuse Shelter.
- Conducted a children’s book drive for a school in need in Jamaica. Several club members delivered the books and volunteered at the school during a Spring Break service trip.
- Donated gift baskets to various organizations to support their Silent Auction fundraising efforts.
- Provided dinner to a local child care center as part of a grief counseling session after the center’s owner/director and assistant director died in a tragic car accident.
- Made fleece blankets and donated them to the Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Center and the AMC maternity ward.
- Collected donations for Hurricane Katrina victims.
- Purchased and donated t-shirts to Foster Elementary School for their kindergarten classes to use on field trips.
- Seroogy's candy bar sales
- Popcorn sale in the Commons
- Ink cartridge collections
FVTC Related Activities:
Early Childhood Education Scholarship:
- Presented information about the Early Childhood Education program to local high school students at organized FVTC events and at local high schools.
- Coordinated a workshop as part of the National Take Our Sons and Daughters to Work initiative on the FVTC campus.
- Heightened awareness for the Week of the Young Child through various activities on campus.
Through the FVTC Foundation
, the Early Childhood Education Club awards an annual scholarship of $250 to an active club member during the Winter Semester.
Early Childhood Education Club Links