This series of services is available to faculty and trainers interested in teaching and training using the Internet. Training includes designing, developing and facilitating web-based offerings and learning modules. Learn how to facilitate active, interactive and collaborative learning in a user-friendly online environment.
Services range from a series of modules to workshops, to short in-service and training options.
- Customized 6-hour Workshop – Includes an overview of software, existing courses and some hands-on practice entering content using a sample Blackboard course shell.
- Customized 12-hour Workshop – Overview of software, existing courses, course catalog, hands-on content entry, presentations and feedback from other participants; uses either Blackboard course shells or actual Blackboard courses.
- In-service/Training Workshops – Typically offered as 1-2 hour stand-alone workshops. These workshops can be combined/clustered or time-adjusted based on an organization’s needs. They all provide a brief overview and minimal hands-on practice in a sample course shell. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Content Areas: Organizing and inputting course/training information, syllabi, instructor profiles, assignments, changing passwords and updating personal information.
- Course/Training Tools: Setting up and managing asynchronous discussions, using e-mail, chat, and assignment drop-box features.
- Course/Training Options: Customizing the look and feel of the course/training.
- User Management: Adding and removing users, updating user information, setting up and managing groups.
- Assessment: Developing question pools, setting up graded and non-graded assessments, reporting course usage.
- Web-enabling PowerPoint Presentations with FrontPage: Step-by-step process for Web-enabling presentations and linking them within Blackboard or other training programs.
- Linking and Using Learning Objects: How to get learning objects linked into online courses.
- Managing a Discussion Board: Setting up forums, threads, and archives and managing these features.
Internet Course Construction Resources
To arrange on-site or
customized internet course construction assistance contact:
Fox Valley Technical College - Business & Industry Services
P: (888) 458-0449 | P: (920) 735-2525 | F: (920) 735-4771