Most complaints, grievances, or disciplinary matters should first be reported at the campus level, as this is the most efficient way to resolve Fox Valley Technical College (FVTC) related issues. The FVTC Complaint Form may be used to address the following, but is not limited to:
- Academic Concerns
- Behavior Concerns
- Personal Concerns
- Facility Concerns
FVTC Student Complaint/Grievance Resolution Procedure
Please fill out the formal complaint form at your earliest convenience to ensure that we are to address your concerns in a timely manner.
FVTC Complaint Form
1. Fox Valley Technical College
For immediate safety concerns, please contact FVTC Security Services
2. Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS)
You are highly encouraged to work through the campus complaint process first before escalating issues to any outside resources; however, issues that are not resolved at the campus level may be presented to the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). Please refer to this process for the following unresolved issues:
- Complaints that allege violations of Wisconsin consumer protection laws, including but not limited to false advertising
- Complaints that allege violations of Wisconsin laws related to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; or
- Complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.
A student who reasonably believes that a violation has occurred in one or more of these categories may file a written complaint. Complaints must be signed by the student and submitted on the official WTCS Student Complaint Form.
3. State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)
FVTC is a member of SARA (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement). Any current or former student of a distance education program offered by FVTC may file a complaint with Wisconsin's Distance Learning Authorization Board (DLAB) for FVTC distance education activity conducted across state lines under specific and limited circumstances. See FVTC's NC-SARA page for more information.