FVTC’s motorcycle and scooter safety courses run from April to August. Open enrollment dates vary, please check back for additional dates if applicable.
- You do not need a motorcycle instruction permit to take the class.
- The first day is classroom only, and the second day begins on-cycle instruction.
- Classes are offered days, evenings and weekends at Fox Valley Tech's Appleton campus.
- Persons wishing to obtain an instruction permit (temps) at your local DMV Office prior to completing the course need to obtain a MV3575 form available in-person only at any FVTC location. This is your proof of enrollment required by the DMV.
- An instruction permit (temps) is not required to take FVTC's Basic Rider Course.
- Fox Valley Technical College provides the following for this training:
- Motorcycles are 250cc; a variety of models are available. Scooters are 125-150cc
- Helmets (bring your own helmet & gloves if you have them)
- All books and materials
- See important additional course information below
After successfully completing the course, you will receive a signed MV3575 Motorcycle Skills Test Waiver to take to the DMV for your Class M endorsement.
View the complete list of current classes:
View Motorcycle & Scooter Rider Classes