A First for Recruit Class
All 23 grads have jobs before commencement
It’s been a whirlwind of celebrations at Fox Valley Technical College.
Not only did we recently host commencement for our 600+ December grads, but we also celebrated the latest class to complete our Law Enforcement Recruit Academy. Recruits began the program in August and finished up last week with a ceremony at the FVTC Public Safety Training Center. And in a first for the college, all graduates have been hired by law enforcement agencies prior to graduation.
Here is a look at class by the numbers and a few other unique details:
- 23 graduates: 17 male and 6 female
- 17 recruits were sponsored by their future employer
- 6 recruits funded their own training
- 2 graduates are twins; both have been hired by Neenah Police Department
- 17 different law enforcement agencies represent the employers
- In addition to many local agencies, out-of-district employers include Waukesha County Sheriff’s Office, Port Washington Police Department and Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Office.
The next class of recruits will begin in January. You can learn more about the pre-application process for the academy here.