A Strong Showing in Ag Competition
FVTC student competitors advance to national level
After being held virtually the past two years, students in FVTC’s Agriculture programs have proven a return to face-to-face competition is a winning idea.
The students recently competed in the Wisconsin Professional Agricultural Student (PAS) state competition in the Wisconsin Dells. The events give students an opportunity to compete in individual and team-focused contests which may include tests, employment interviews, group presentations and impromptu speaking skills. This year 150 students from nine technical colleges attended the conference. Here is how FVTC students finished:
• FVTC students participated in 41 different competitive events over the two-day conference.
• All 18 student competitors qualified for at least one event and will advance to the National PAS Conference.
• All specialist teams (Dairy, Livestock and Agronomy) placed in the top five in their respective contests.
• The Dairy Specialist teams placed second and fourth out of 11 teams.
• The Livestock Specialist team placed second out of 10 teams.
• The Agronomy Specialist teams placed first, second and third out of 14 teams.
The students will compete at the national level in mid-March in Des Moines, IA.
Congratulations to all FVTC participants!