Fox Trap Pitch Contest Nabs Winners
FVTC students compete in entrepreneurial event
Entrepreneurship and big ideas were celebrated at the 6th annual Fox Trap Pitch Event recently held at Fox Valley Technical College.
Organized by the FVTC Business division with support from American National Bank, Kwik Trip and the Fox Valley Technical College Foundation, competitors were given three minutes to pitch their big idea before a panel of judges for a chance at cash prizes and the ability to advance to a regional competition.
- First Place: Sarah Doll ($250)
- Pitch: Boer Blessings is a proposed farm that would not only raise quality market-meat goats but also create an educational opportunity space for visitors to learn about and experience life on a goat farm.
- Second Place: Nobuhle Dimba ($150)
- Pitch: Ubuhle Farming is a proposed poultry farm to be set up in South Africa where both meat and eggs would be sold.
- Third Place: Heather Behm ($100)
- Pitch: Bedroom Barista is a proposed specialty coffee machine offering convenience and easy access to that first cup of coffee in the morning
Judges this year included local entrepreneur Natasha Banks, Kristy Stiefvater from American National Bank Fox Cities and Bill Casper, owner of The Hang Up Gallery.
The top two finishers will compete at the NEW Ideas Pitch Challenge Event held at Moraine Park Technical College on April 27. This event brings together participants from FVTC, Lakeshore Technical College, Moraine Park Technical College, Nicolet Technical College, Northcentral Technical College and Northeast Wisconsin Technical College.