New Programs and Flexibility Bring More Students to Campus
Online learning and new programs help boost enrollment
New programs of study and a continued emphasis on flexibility are just two of the reasons why Fox Valley Technical College is welcoming even more students to campus for the 2023 fall semester.
With classes starting Monday (today) at all FVTC campuses, regional centers and training centers, we are pleased to not only see a higher number of enrollments, but students are also taking more credits this semester.
Here is a look at the start of the fall term by the numbers:
- Enrollments are up almost 4% year-over-year (YOY) which builds on the enrollment increase the college saw in the fall of 2022.
- Students continue to show interest in flexible learning options; enrollment in online courses is up 12% YOY.
- Students, on average, are enrolling in 2% more credits per student, per semester.
- Since announcing a new University Transfer program, 193 students have applied; 170 students have been admitted and 129 students are enrolled in fall classes.
- Students have received $1 million in scholarship support.
In response to feedback from local employers who are experiencing gaps in the workforce, the college is offering several new educational offerings. These new associate degree or technical diploma pathways include:
- University Transfer – Associate of Arts
- University Transfer – Associate of Science
- Family & Consumer Sciences Education Instruction
- Project Specialist
- Dairy Automation
- Hospitality Specialist
- Kitchen & Bath Design Assistant
- Diesel Equipment Technician with CDL
- Greenhouse Operations
- Landscape Horticulture
“I am thrilled to witness the positive growth we are seeing at the college,” said Dr. Chris Matheny, president of Fox Valley Technical College. “This growth means that even more students have chosen to put their trust in FVTC for their educational journey. A 4% increase in enrollment means that our region, local employers and the communities that we serve will benefit from the knowledge and skills of our students and the graduates of our new and existing programming.”
Even as classes begin, the college is also looking ahead. FVTC offers several programs that have multiple starts throughout the fall semester such as Welding, Machine Tool, Accounting, Human Resources and Supply Chain Management, to name just a few. Prospective students can also enroll in general education courses which will have an option to start classes in mid-October.
“The campus is ready for students to return and we always look forward to the energy and excitement that comes with the start of a new semester,” said Dr. Jennifer Lanter, vice president for learning and chief academic officer. “We are particularly excited to launch several new programs, including the University Transfer – Associate of Arts and Associate of Science. We have had tremendous interest in the program and we are excited to officially launch this new pathway for students.”
FVTC is also getting ready for Open House 2023. The in-person event will be held Tuesday, Oct. 3 from 3-7 p.m. No registration is necessary.
In the News:
University Transfer program at Fox Valley Technical College is flexible, affordable option for students (WLUK Fox 11) >>