We are often asked to speak "off the cuff" at meetings or spontaneous encounters. Learn organizational strategies that help you think and speak effectively on your feet. Identify assertive delivery techniques that project confidence. Learn how to respond to and deliver negative news or say "no" without alienating others.
This training is designed for participants to learn how to speak more effectively in impromptu situations. Participants explore and practice communication styles and techniques, including assertive/response skills, formats for sending clear/concise messages and giving and receiving feedback. You will learn about:
* Self-assessment of impromptu speaking skills and reflection
* The role of nonverbal communication
* Process for handling impromptu questions
* Direct vs. indirect answers
* Saying "I don't know" and maintaining credibility