Farmstead Rewiring is training designed for rural electricians, or their employees, who do farm wiring. The primary objective of this training is to ensure code-compliant installations that provide the practical safeguarding of people and property from the hazards arising from the use of electricity.
This training is applicable to any farm operation with the focus is on dairy farms. The training is designed to cover the unique challenges of working on farms and around animals.
Training includes a review of:
- Electrical fundamentals
- Applicable state and national electrical codes
- Three and four-wire systems, bonding and grounding
- Installation of lighting and other equipment
- Planning the work and development of a rewiring proposal
In the *Farmstead Rewiring* training you will learn about:
- Hazards arising from the use electricity
- Practical safeguarding of people and property
- Applicable State and National Electrical Codes
- Grounding requirements
- Developing a rewiring proposal