***PPT 101 Basic Residential - $975 per person***
This is the first course in a series of property courses. Course focus is on providing a sound understanding of residential construction basics, i.e. construction terminology, construction practice, and the fundamentals of residential property estimating. It is intended as an introductory course for new hires, multi-line adjusters, and those with only basic property experience. Skills gained will increase the ability to scope losses, determine material quantities, assign accurate pricing and assess indirect costs. This seminar provides the foundation for subsequent property education.
* Framing Systems
* Exterior Finish Systems
* Interior Finish Systems
* Estimate Pricing/Published Cost Data
* [View Dates & Register](https://www.fvtc.edu/apps/MyTraining/Public/FindAClass.aspx?title=Practical+Property+Training%2c+Basic)
***PPT 102 Intermediate Residential - $975 per person***
This second course stresses the importance of sound claims handling--from initial scope preparation through estimate preparation and loss settlement. Following a one-day review of accurate scoping technique, participants will use their knowledge and experience in the settlement of numerous case studies. Topics include: discrimination of unit costs, assessment of "like kind and quality," resolution of matching problems, determination of trade minimums and reasonable overhead and profit, file review techniques, and introduction to computerized estimating programs. Hands-on lab activities demonstrate practical strategies used to minimize repair costs to high-end materials. Intended for those who have completed PPT 101 or have moderate experience with property losses.
* Scoping Losses
* Determination of Quality Level
* Resolving Matching Problems
* Pricing Estimates/Computerized Systems
* File Review/Volumes of Data
* [View Dates & Register](https://www.fvtc.edu/apps/MyTraining/Public/FindAClass.aspx?title=Practical+Property+Training%2c+Intermediate)
***Practical Property Mechanical Systems - $1,000 per person***
Practical Property Training Mechanical Systems is the third in a series of property courses offered at Fox Valley Techincal College. The primary focus of this 3 day course is to provide all attendees with a sound understanding of residential mechanical systems basics, i.e. functions, terminology, common loss scenarios and the fundamentals of estimating these systems. Intended for those who have completed PPT 101 and 102 or have moderate experience with property losses.
* How residential systems work
* Understanding of associated terminology
* Ability to confidently negotiate claims settlements with homeowners, contractors and third party representatives
* [View Dates & Register](https://www.fvtc.edu/apps/MyTraining/Public/FindAClass.aspx?title=Practical+Property+Trng.+103%2c+Mechanical+Systems)
***PPT 201 Commercial - $1,075 per person***
The fourth class provides an understanding of the similarities and contrasts between the residential and commercial construction markets. Product knowledge, industry practice, proper application of cost data, and techniques for accessing expert assistance are central seminar themes. Guest experts provide technical information -- as well as practical insight -- into working with selected commercial systems and dealing with specialty contractors. Each days activity concludes with a detailed discussion/demonstration of how to estimate a selected commercial building system or component, followed by an evening assignment in which participants must demonstrate the ability to apply this information to the completion of a commercial loss estimate. Intended for those who have completed both PPT 101 and 102 or have substantial property experience. A course text is included.
* Systems Overview
* General Contracting, Masonry, Pre-engineered Metal Buildings
* Commercial Roofing Systems
* Extruded Aluminum & Glazing Systems, Hollow Metal Frames & Hardware
* Exterior Insulation Finish Systems
* [View Dates & Register](https://www.fvtc.edu/apps/MyTraining/Public/FindAClass.aspx?title=Practical+Property+Training%2c+Commercial)