Explore proofreading tips that will help you develop better document review skills and will improve your proofreading accuracy. We will briefly review four approaches to proofreading, as well as the writing process. You’ll understand the difference between proofreading and editing, and the importance of each as a separate step in the writing process. In skill practice activities, you will understand and identify common errors in spelling, punctuation and number usage. We will also review the rules of capitalization and understand some of the nuances of capitalization in written communication.
- Proofreading approaches and tips to improve document accuracy
- Rules regarding correct number usage in written communication
- Spelling errors and commonly misspelled words that cause clarity problems
- Punctuation rules for commas, semicolons, colons, dashes and quotation marks
Benefits & Outcomes
- Inspire trust in your potential customers and clients with documents that are properly proofread and error free
- Get your meaning across easier when your document is concise and clear