Program Availability *
Nursing Pathway, LPN to ADN
Programs may be available at locations that are not listed here.
Depending on program enrollment and prerequisite requirements, there may be a wait for some program courses. Please see the additional information section for details.
If general education courses are required, they may be available at multiple locations.
Accepting applications for this term
Accepting paper applications only
Not accepting applications for this term
Costs may not include all books or all materials and supplies. Some textbook costs may be included in the estimated program cost.
Cost based on current tuition and fees
* Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Program Info & Outcomes
- Demonstrate appropriate written, verbal, and nonverbal communication in a variety of clinical contexts.
- Implement one's role as a nurse in ways that reflect integrity, responsibility, ethical practices, and an evolving professional identify as a nurse committed to evidence-based practice, caring, advocacy and quality care.
- Integrate social, mathematical, and physical sciences, pharmacology, and pathophysiology in clinical decision making.
- Lead the multidisciplinary health care team to provide effective patient care throughout the lifespan.
- Minimize risk of harm to patients, members of the healthcare team and self through safe individual performance and participation in system effectiveness.
- Provide patient centered care by utilizing the nursing process across diverse populations and health care settings.
- Use information and technology to communicate, manage data, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
You will be required to complete a criminal background check prior to any internship or clinical experience. Criminal activity reported will be communicated to healthcare agencies which provide student clinical and internship opportunities. Healthcare agencies have the legal right to deny a clinical or internship experience based on crimes committed. Completion of your program cannot be guaranteed if your criminal history precludes you from completing any clinical or internship experience.
Students must obtain a C grade in each required general education and core course. If a C grade is not obtained, you will be required to repeat the course.
Your program requires that you complete Anatomy & Physiology which has the following prerequisite: ACCPL Read >= 80 OR ACT Read >= 20 OR for programs requiring TEAS a Composite >= 50 OR Program Prep; ACCPL Sentence >= 83 OR ACT Engl >=18 OR for programs requiring TEAS a Composite >= 50 OR Program Prep; and 2 semesters of HS Chemistry OR Gen Chemistry (10-806-134) with C or better.
Students will be required to electronically submit clinical documentation, which includes immunizations and COVID vaccination, when accepted into core courses or clinical placement.
The Associate Nursing program at Fox Valley Technical College located in Appleton, WI is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate Nursing program is Continuing Accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program [here](http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm).
The Associate Degree Nursing program is fully approved by the WI Board of Nursing.
Upon completion of the Nursing-Associate Degree program, you are awarded an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Nursing and are eligible to take the National Council of State Board's Licensure Examination to become a registered nurse. The national pass rate is 80%. In 2020, FVTC graduates had a pass rate of 100%. [FVTC LPN to ADN Program Outcomes (PDF)](https://www.fvtc.edu/Portals/0/PDFs/Programs/FVTC-LPN-to-ADN-Outcomes.pdf).
High School Transcript
Submit a final, official high school transcript or an official copy of GED/HSED certification scores.
Nursing Dept. Chair Meeting
Meet with the Nursing Department Chair to discuss the program and its requirements.
Proof of Pract. Nurs. License
Students should make a copy of their Practical Nurse License and send it in to Fox Valley Technical College, Enrollment Services, PO Box 2277, Appleton, WI 54912-2277.
Nursing Technical Standards
Read, acknowledge, and submit a Technical Standards form found at foxvalleytechnicalcollege.formstack.com/forms/nursing_ts
Submit an official copy of your Post-Secondary transcript(s).
TEAS Score Requirement
A TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) composite score of 58.7 or above is required for admission to the Pre-Associate Degree Nursing, Dental Hygiene, OTA , Medical Lab, Neurodiagnostic, and Vet Tech Programs.