Skip to Main Content


Grant eligibility is determined through the FAFSA process. Federal and state grant money is gift aid that does not need to be repaid unless:

  • You never attended or stop attending class prior to the Census Date, but your grade is posted after you receive your financial aid.
  • You drop a class after the Census Date, even if the class hasn’t started yet.
  • You have no passing grades.

Under any of these circumstances, you may need to repay some or all of your grant aid. Please see the Return of Title IV Funds procedure for more information.

Types of Grants

Federal Grants

Pell Grants are prorated based on the number of eligible credits you are enrolled in each term.

Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants require half-time credit status.

State Grants

All state grants require half-time credit status

  • Wisconsin Higher Education Grant

  • Minority Student Grant

  • Indian Student Assistance Grant

  • Talent Incentive Grant

To view state funding and eligibility, visit the Higher Educational Aids Board

Emergency Grants

Funding support is available for eligible current FVTC students experiencing an unforeseen financial expense or shortfall.

Learn More