Printed on 9/25/2021
Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair Technician
Technical Diploma (TD)
Part Time and Full Time
Financial Aid Eligible
Time of Day:
Day and Evening
*If general education courses are required, they may be available at multiple locations.
Gain the necessary skills for a high-demand, maintenance-centered automotive career. With this technical diploma, you’ll receive hands-on training in braking systems, automotive electrical systems, and steering and suspension systems, plus you’ll also earn a Quick Service Technician certificate. The skills you learn in this program have a strong emphasis on being a professional in the automotive work environment and prepare you to complete the ASE G1 test.
Credit Transfer Options
They're your credits. Take them with you!
Whether you’re an incoming student, transferring to another two-year college or pursuing your bachelor’s degree, we make it easy for you to seamlessly transfer your credits. With full accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, we offer credit transfer agreements with more than 65 two-and four-year colleges.
- Use Information software for diagnosing and repairing vehicles
- Demonstrate the use of safe work practices in all aspects of vehicle repair
- Address customers in a professional manner
- Perform maintenance and light repair of engines
- Perform maintenance and light repair of Automatic Transmissions
- Perform maintenance and light repair of Manual drivetrain and axles
- Perform maintenance and light repair of heating and air conditioning
- Perform maintenance and light repair of engine performance
- Perform brake diagnosis and repairs
- Perform steering and suspension diagnosis and repairs
- Perform electrical and electronic system diagnosis and repair
Career Pathways are guides that can help you reach your educational goals and explore career options. Check out the [Career Pathways](https://www.fvtc.edu/programs/Career-Pathways) available with this program.
Still undecided about your major or exploring your career options? Check out these resources to identify your personality traits, values, abilities and interests – important considerations when choosing a career. You’ll also find details about scheduling a college visit and contact information for our career counselors if you’d like more personal assistance. We’re here to help you explore your options.