Costs may not include all books or all materials and supplies. Some textbook costs may be included in the estimated program cost.
Cost based on current tuition and fees
* Tuition and fees are subject to change. For more details, see Cost of Attendance (PDF).
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15; Catalog #: 94100100; Learn more at www.fvtc.edu/Assessment.
Obtain your Commercial Drivers Learner’s Permit at your local Department of Motor Vehicles office (valid for 180 days); Study guides are available online at www.wisconsindot.gov (3 tests required for Class A - Study and take in the following order: Section 5 Air Brakes, Section 6 Combinations and General Knowledge Sections 1-3, 5&6; 2 tests required for Class B - Study and take in the following order: Section 5 Air Brakes and General Knowledge Sections 1-3); Upload front and back of learners permit to MyFVTC
Obtain a Medical Report & Federal Medical Card; refer to your email (you may need to check your spam folder) for instructions
Provide copy of valid Driver's License to firstname.lastname@example.org
This program may require professional licensure or certification; FVTC has determined that this program meets professional licensure requirements in the state of Wisconsin; however, FVTC has not determined if this program meets professional licensure requirements for other states.
- Diagnose, repair and service Brake Systems
- Diagnose, repair and service Diesel Engines
- Diagnose, repair and service Drive Train Systems
- Diagnose, repair and service Electrical/Electronic Systems
- Diagnose, repair and service HVAC Systems
- Diagnose, repair and service Hydraulic Systems
- Diagnose, repair and service Steering & Suspension Systems
- Obtain Commercial Driver’s License