Printed on 7/7/2020
Safety Engineering Technology
Associate Degree (AAS)
Part Time and Full Time
Financial Aid Eligible
Time of Day:
Day and Evening
*If general education courses are required, they may be available at multiple locations.
A solid background in environmental health and safety can make you a valuable employee in the manufacturing and service industries. Your ability to understand the connection between engineering and safety will help you establish a successful career in both industrial and service settings. Your training includes a wide variety of compliance and inspection topics, along with regulatory interpretation and application, workplace ethics and employee safety. You’ll also gain an understanding of engineering and project management fundamentals. With this broad foundation, you’ll be well equipped to meet the environmental and safety needs of today’s employers.
Customer Care Specialist
Environmental Health & Safety Technician
Estimated Program Cost
This program will cost about
based on current tuition and fees.
Textbooks will cost about $2,206.30*.
Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Costs may not include all books or all materials and supplies.
Some textbook costs may be included in the estimated program cost.
Check Program Availability *
Safety Engineering Technology
* Programs may be available at locations that are not listed here.
* Depending on program enrollment and prerequisite requirements, there may be a wait for some program courses. Please see the additional information section for details.
Accepting applications for this term
Accepting paper applications only
Not accepting applications for this term
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15; Catalog #: 94100100; Learn more at www.fvtc.edu/Assessment.
Credit Transfer Options
They're your credits. Take them with you!
Whether you’re an incoming student, transferring to another two-year college or pursuing your bachelor’s degree, we make it easy for you to seamlessly transfer your credits. With full accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, we offer credit transfer agreements with more than 65 two-and four-year colleges.
- Demonstrate established safety principles.
- Apply appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate effective engineering control techniques.
- Develop and comply with OSHA guidelines.
- Articulate the role of sustainability as a business practice.
- Perform compliance inspections.
- Articulate and apply applicable ISO standards.
- Prepare for submission of appropriate occupational reports.
- Recognize the differences between manufacturing processes and the general impact of such differences on operating procedures.
- Implement lean practices relating to environmental health and safety in a manufacturing process.
- Articulate the value of continuing professional development.
If you have any questions about the Safety Engineering Technology program or need help selecting classes, please contact Jim Lange at 920-735-2445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still undecided about your major or exploring your career options? Check out these resources to identify your personality traits, values, abilities and interests – important considerations when choosing a career. You’ll also find details about scheduling a college visit and contact information for our career counselors if you’d like more personal assistance. We’re here to help you explore your options.