Printed on 10/18/2019
Automotive Technology - Imports
Associate Degree (AAS)
Financial Aid Eligible
Time of Day:
*If general education courses are required, they may be available at multiple locations.
The high demand for skilled import automotive technicians will put you in the driver’s seat in this career field. Your hands-on training includes electrical and electronic systems, brakes and traction control systems, engine performance, engine repair, transmissions, air conditioning systems, steering and suspension systems, and hybrid vehicles. You’ll learn about all eight areas of Automotive Service Excellence, along with hybrid vehicles. Courses in math, communications and social science will give you a well-rounded education to help advance your career. You will be prepared to become a Certified Master Technician, which is required by many dealerships. You’ll be job-ready with this program.
Certified Master Technician
Estimated Program Cost
This program will cost about
based on current tuition and fees.
Additional materials and supplies will cost
Textbooks will cost about $1,075.10*.
Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Costs may not include all books or all materials and supplies.
Some textbook costs may be included in the estimated program cost.
Check Program Availability *
Automotive Technology - Imports
* Programs may be available at locations that are not listed here.
* Depending on program enrollment and prerequisite requirements, there may be a wait for some program courses. Please see the additional information section for details.
Accepting applications for this term
Accepting paper applications only
Not accepting applications for this term
An academic skills assessment is required for admission into this program or the following: High School GPA of 2.75 or higher (last 10 years) OR provide completion of associate’s or higher degree OR; 165 or higher on your 2014 series GED tests OR; ACT OR SAT OR Accuplacer OR Companion OR Compass (last 3 years) to waive to the general education level; The cost of the Accuplacer assessment is $15; Catalog #: 94100100; Learn more at www.fvtc.edu/Assessment.
Bennett Mechanical Assessment
Complete the Bennett Mechanical Assessment.
Credit Transfer Options
They're your credits. Take them with you!
Whether you’re an incoming student, transferring to another two-year college or pursuing your bachelor’s degree, we make it easy for you to seamlessly transfer your credits. With full accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, we offer credit transfer agreements with more than 65 two-and four-year colleges.
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for the auto service industry
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive internal combustion engines
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive automatic transmission/transaxle systems
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive manual drive train and axles systems
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive steering and suspension systems
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive brake systems
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive electrical & electronic systems
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive heating and air conditioning systems
- Perform diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive engine performance systems
By starting in fall, a minimum of 5 semesters will be required to complete this program. If you are starting in spring, you will be able to register for general education and limited technical studies courses; however, program specific technical studies courses will not begin until fall semester.
Tools will be provided for students to use while on campus.
Still undecided about your major or exploring your career options? Check out these resources to identify your personality traits, values, abilities and interests – important considerations when choosing a career. You’ll also find details about scheduling a college visit and contact information for our career counselors if you’d like more personal assistance. We’re here to help you explore your options.